Saints Catholic College can cater for conferences, social events and training workshops throughout the year. We can accommodate large and small groups depending on the availability of rooms and your requirements.
The College is a 298 bed residential college for university students. Conference and other groups requiring accommodation are welcome at the College at times outside of the University's academic year. Smaller one-day events, workshops etc where accommodation is not required, can be catered for throughout the year.
The College has the following facilities and amenities:
- a large number of single bedrooms available during a five week period mid-year
- shared bathroom and toilet facilities on each level
- some ensuited bedrooms and small flats available (single occupancy only)
- all meals are included in the cost
- morning and afternoon teas available on request
- very competitive rates
- centrally located in the grounds of James Cook University, Townsville
- pleasant and quiet bushland setting
- conference/workshop facilities available
- friendly and helpful staff.
- The most popular time for groups to stay at the College is during the five week lecture recess break from approximately mid-June to mid-July. Dates differ slightly each year. Our staff will be happy to discuss options with you.
Townsville has a pleasant climate in the winter months and is an attractive destination for out-of-town groups. James Cook University is set close to bushland and mountains and is approximately ten kilometres from the city centre. The College is situated on the University Ring Road within the Townsville campus of the University. It is an ideal location for conference or other groups and is very conveniently located within easy access of the University's facilities, as well as local shopping centres and other conveniences.
Although some of our residents remain at the College during the mid-year break, large numbers of rooms are available for visiting groups. The College has three Wings and visitors are most often accommodated in either St Paul's or St Raphael's. Each of the three buildings houses approximately 70 individuals.
All rooms in the College are deemed to be for single occupancy only. Twin and double rooms are not available. The two Wings each have a small number of ensuited rooms and St Raphael's also has a few small flats. Shared bathrooms and toilet facilities are available on each level. As well, each floor has a pleasant common area where visitors can sit and relax, watch TV or make a coffee.
Please call 07 4727 7200 and discuss your group's needs with one of our administration staff as a comprehensive range of options is available. You are also encouraged to browse this website for further information on the College and its facilities. Rates and costs are based on numbers of rooms and meals required and the number of participants involved. Our staff will be able to advise you on our very competitive rates and give you a specific quote to meet your requirements.
The College can provide the following amenities and facilities for your conference or stay:
- multi-purpose function room
- data projection equipment
- white boards
- catered meals or morning and afternoon teas
- dining room meals for longer stays
- single rooms for longer stays
- small conference/meeting room with presentation facilities
- larger function room for workshops/events etc
- open-plan lounge area adjoining the function room